- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 avocados, halved, seeded, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Follow Your Heart egg
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 lime (juice)
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart vegenaise
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp cilantro – minced (as desired)
- To make the spicy mayo, throw all the ingredients together and blend, set aside in fridge to chill.
- Heat vegetable oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat.
- Create three bowls: 1 for flour, 1 for bank and 1 for vegan egg.
- Make the vegan egg by combing the powder with cold water. Whisk, and make sure the consistency is thick.
- Throw flour, chili powder, and cumin together, whisk, then set up the last bowl with just Panko.
- Season avocados with salt, to taste.
- Working one at a time, dredge avocado slices in the flour, then dip into the egg, then dredge in the Panko crumbs, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add the avocado slices to the oil, 5 or 6 at a time, and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately, top with a squeeze of lime, cilantro and serve with chipotle mayo
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Avocado Fries
- Cuisine: Appetizer