- 2 cups cooked sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Follow Your Heart Shredded Parm
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour, sifted plus more for dusting
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, divided
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- 3 sprigs fresh sage, plus more for garnish
- Add vegan parm, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, black pepper, and salt in a bowl. Mix well. Sprinkle half of the flour on the mixture, gently turn with spatula a few times to incorporate. Dump mixture on clean, lightly floured countertop or you can still do this in the bowl. Sprinkle remaining flour on top of the mixture. Gently knead with your fingertips, just bringing together the mixture until flour is incorporated through. This only should take a minute or two. Any longer and you will be over-kneading.
- Dust a clean, dry surface with a generous sprinkling of flour. Divide dough into 4 parts. Take one part and roll into a long log. Cut gnocchi into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat a large frying pan or saute pan with just 1 tablespoon of the vegan butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When hot, add a few gnocchi – enough to cover surface but not touch each other. Fry on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, turn and fry for another 1-2 minutes. Remove gnocchi, place on large baking sheet to put into oven to keep warm. Repeat with rest of gnocchi.
- When all gnocchi is finished, discard butter/oil in pan and clean pan with paper towel. Heat pan on medium heat and when hot, add the remaining 2 tablespoons vegan butter and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. When hot, add the fresh sage. Let the sage brown and sizzle (but not burn) for a couple of minutes until very fragrant. Remove the sage or if you love it like me, keep it! To the pan, add the balsamic vinegar and whisk. Let simmer on low for 1 minute and pour over the gnocchi.
- Top with vegan parm and crispy sage as garnish.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Gnocchi
- Cuisine: Pasta