- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Cover the bottom of the pan in a layer of broken mini pretzels. Set aside.
- In a small or medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the vegan butter and brown sugar. When the mixture starts to gently simmer and bubble, let it cook for 3 minutes without stirring. Immediately pour the hot caramel mixture over the pretzels in a back and forth motion to cover most of the pretzels, move them around to coat pieces (a few empty/dry spots are ok as the caramel will fuse together during baking).
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top of the hot caramel and pretzels.
- Let the chocolate chips sit for 2-3 minutes until they melt. Use a rubber spatula to gently spread the melted chocolate over the toffee.
- Lightly sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let the toffee cool completely at room temperature then refrigerate if needed to help the chocolate set up. Break the toffee into pieces.
If the chocolate is not melting once placed on the hot toffee after a fe minutes (yours came from the freezer), simply leave oven open and place the baking sheet on the rack for a few minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serving Size: 6-8