- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sauté leeks, 5 minutes. (mostly white, a lil green)
- Add garlic, ginger and apples cook, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add peeled chopped beets and 4 cups stock to the same pot; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until beets are fork-tender. (45 mins)
- Place the mixture into a blender and puree, use additional stock as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Stir in coconut milk, salt/ pepper, thyme and parsley Garnish with thyme and coconut cream
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner/Appetizer
- Serving Size: 1 bowl