- 1 sugar pumpkin, halved, seeded and quartered
- 1 Granny Smith apple, quartered and seeded
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 cup coconut milk, full fat
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet
- Place pumpkin, apple and quarter onions in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
- Place into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until pumpkin is fork-tender, stirring at halftime; let cool, then remove skins.
- Throw all the roasted veggies in a food processor or blender with the stock, garlic, and thyme. Throw the blended soup in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer and add the coconut milk, salt, pepper, and pumpkin spice. If the soup is too thick, add more vegetable stock as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with apples, fried sage and coconut milk
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pumpkin
- Cuisine: Soup
- Serving Size: 1