- In a large pot over medium heat add the vegan butter. Cook butter until foamy 2-3 minutes. Swirl the pan, or stir the butter, often to be sure the butter is cooking evenly. Keep cooking, stirring constantly until you start seeing little golden flecks in the butter. The color will progress from lemony-yellow to golden-tan.
- Once you see lots of little browned bits and smell that nutty aroma, immediately add 1 bag of the marshmallows and stir to combine until fully melted.
- Remove from heat, and quickly stir in vanilla, pumpkin spice. Add natural colored food dye for an orange hue now if desired. Keep combining until the color is uniform.
- Fold in crispy rice cereal, moving quickly and then fold in additional 1/2 bag of whole mini marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Using a spatula or a a sheet of parchment paper, lightly press them into pan. Too much pressure will cause the to be too dense.
- Allow treats to cool, then cut into squares and serve!
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Rice
- Serving Size: 4-8