- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter *room temp
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 cup pureed overripe bananas
- 1 cup Lily’s Sweet Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer whisk together the vegan butter and coconut sugar until light and fluffy. Slightly cold and room temp is fine, just not melted.
- Now add in the room temp mashed bananas and combine until well blended. (I pureed mine in a food processor)
- Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; don’t over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and top with dark chocolate chips. I like to lightly press mine in so they stick to the bread more post bake.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Make a tinfoil tent over the bread in the oven mid bake to prevent the chocolate from burning and maintaining a gorgeous top layer!
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving Size: 1