- 4 to 6 sheets unsalted matzoh or Unsalted Crackers
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- big pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 bag Lily’s Sweets Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax, parchment making sure it goes up and over the edges.
- Line the bottom of the sheet with matzoh, breaking cutting with a sharp knife if necessary to fill in any spaces.
- In a sauce pan heavy duty saucepan, melt the butter.
- Now add the coconut sugar together, and cook over low/medium heat, stirring, until the butter is melted and the mixture is beginning to boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat, add the optional salt and vanilla, and pour over matzoh. Working quickly, spread the caramel with a heatproof spatula.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. As it bakes, it will bubble up but make sure it’s not burning every once in a while.
- Remove from oven and immediately cover with chocolate chips. Let stand for 2-3 minutes, then spread with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with toasted chopped pecans
- Let cool completely, the slice into squares. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve. It should keep well for about one week.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serving Size: 1