- Slice tomatoes 1/2 inch thick or slimmer. Discard the ends.
- Whisk ground flax and almond milk together in a medium-size bowl.
- Scoop flour onto a plate.
- Mix cornmeal, bread crumbs, garlic powder, paprika, and salt and pepper on another plate.
- Dip sliced tomatoes into the flour to coat.
- Then dip the tomatoes into almond milk and flax mixture.
- Dredge in breadcrumbs to completely coat.
- In a large skillet, pour vegetable oil (enough so that there is 1/2 inch of oil in the pan) and heat over a medium heat.
- Place tomatoes into the frying pan in batches of 4 or 5, depending on the size of your skillet. Do not crowd the tomatoes, they should not touch each other. When the tomatoes are browned, flip and fry them on the other side. Drain them on paper towels. Season with salt.
- Serve warm on buns with lettuce and spicy aioli!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins