- 1 block firm tofu, drained
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 large Navel Orange, squeezed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp hot sauce or 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp water
- 2–4 cups cooked cauliflower rice
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1/2 tsp Sesame seeds
- Press the tofu: drain the water from the tofu first gently by your hands. Then wrap in paper towels and place something on top to promote draining (plates, books etc). Allow the tofu to drain for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Slice the tofu into cubes, then place in a large bowl or bag with the corn starch and oil. Soak until all pieces are coated. Lay the tofu out on the pan and bake for 30 minutes, but rotate the pieces mid bake to prevent sticking and an even bake. Tofu should be lightly golden. Set aside.
- In a small pan over medium heat add the all the sauce ingredients minus the corn starch and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. After a few minutes, combine the corn starch and water, remove any clumps, then pour over the mixture. Cook for another 2 minutes until thickened, remove from heat.
- Toss and coat the cooked tofu in the sauce and serve with cauliflower rice. Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serving Size: 2