- 1 cup Vegan Butter, cold
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flax combined with 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 1/2 cup Cake Flour
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips
In a small bowl combine the ground flax and water. Set aside to thicken. This will serve as the eggs in the cookie
Preheat oven to 410 degrees.
Add the flax egg mixture and vanilla, mix well (1 minute)
- Now add the tahini, mix again.
Separate dough into large roughly shaped balls and place on lightly colored cookie sheet. Don’t make the dough too smooth, you want the dough roughly formed and tall. You will fit 4 cookies on one large cookie sheet. The dough makes 6-8 extra large cookies.
Bake for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown on the top. (my chips get toasty as I put so many on the outside and stevia chips seem more sensitive to heat. If they start to burn throw an aluminum foil tent over them) Let them rest for at least 10 minutes to set.
- If you over mix your batter, they will be flat
- If your butter melts, they will spread more
- If you don’t stack the dough high enough, they will be flat (makes 8 cookies)
- If you over bake them, they will be flatter
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 9 mins