- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp ground flax, 6 tbsp water
- 1 small beet, boiled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Make the vegan egg. Combine water and ground flaxseed. Allow to set for 10 minutes. You can make the flax egg with the water from the boiled beet (pink water)
- Place beet in a pot of boiling water. Boil until fork tender. Allow to cool. Remove skin. Place in a blender or food processor with the 1/2 cup water. Blend until pureed. We want to extract 1 cup from this mixture, discard the rest. If you don’t have enough, add more water.
- In the food processor place the pureed beet, flour, salt, flax egg, and a drizzle of olive oil. Combine until a dough forms.
- On a floured surface knead the dough for bout 2 minutes. Cover and allow to rest for 15-30 minutes. if the dough seems stick, add more flour 1 tbsp at a time.
- Cut the dough into quarters, take one piece and run it through a pasta machine on the largest setting 4-5 times.
- Keep running the dough through the pasta machine, lowering the setting each time you run it through. (Mine goes from thickness 7 down to 1) If you find that the pasta is tearing or too wet, just coat it in more flour, 1 tbsp at a time.
- Filling: Combine all the filing ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Place 1 heaping teaspoon of filling 2 inches apart over a pasta sheet. Brush around filling with water to moisten place a second sheet over, pressing down to seal. Make sure to remove any air as they will pop when you boil or filling will leak out. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- In a large pot with salted water. Boil the ravioli for 2-3 minutes until they float at the top. If the pot isn’t big enough or salted, or the ravioli are over cooked they will feel slimy. If that happens you can lightly sauté them in a pan.
- Serve with pistachio pesto and garnish with chopped pistachios.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Jello
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1