- 2 12oz bags of Brussels (whole foods)
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 large shallots or 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 2 tbsps dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 handful spinach, optional
- Set oven to 375F
- Wash and trim the stems from the sprouts. Cut them in half, or in quarters if they are very large. Drizzle them with olive oil, and then sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast the sprouts for about 20-30 minutes, just until they have softened and have taken on a little color. Stir them around on the pan a few times during cooking. Set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat add the vegan butter and chopped shallots. Cook for 3 minutes until translucent, don’t let brown. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Now add the wine and lower the heat. Reduce for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the soaked cashews, dijon, broth, spinach, and shallot mixture, and roasted Brussels sprouts to a high power blender. Blend until smooth. Add additional stock if desired.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot. Taste to adjust the salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 4-6