Creamy Vegan Roasted Brussels Sprout Soup
If there is one recipe I’m excited about this year, it’s this vegan Creamy Roasted Brussels Sprout Soup! Believe it or not, there were next to no recipes for this concept online and I was shocked. Just about every gravitates towards the flavor of brussel sprouts, so why no soup?!
Well wait no longer, you can now whip brussels sprouts up into a fab soup!
You can honestly make a soup out of just about anything and soups are the perfect medium to pack on the veggies. In addition, they also tend to be quick, affordable and stretch a portion of veggies. Did you know this recipe requires just one package of brussels and you can get 4-6 servings of soup?
Whats great about this soup is truly everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, filling, veggie packed, flavor packed, creamy, has the perfect texture, a gorgeous hue, is wonderful for any season, perfect as a main dish or appetizer, wonderful for entertaining, and is hands down one of my new favorite creations!
If you love all things brussel sprouts, or quick and easy veggie packed recipes, you’re going to fall in love with my new vegan Creamy Roasted Brussels Sprout Soup!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for any season
Can easily be made in bulk
Vegan Creamy Roasted Brussel Sprout Soup
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4
- 2 12oz bags of Brussels (whole foods)
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 large shallots or 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 2 tbsps dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 handful spinach, optional
- Set oven to 375F
- Wash and trim the stems from the sprouts. Cut them in half, or in quarters if they are very large. Drizzle them with olive oil, and then sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast the sprouts for about 20-30 minutes, just until they have softened and have taken on a little color. Stir them around on the pan a few times during cooking. Set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat add the vegan butter and chopped shallots. Cook for 3 minutes until translucent, don’t let brown. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes. Now add the wine and lower the heat. Reduce for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the soaked cashews, dijon, broth, spinach, and shallot mixture, and roasted Brussels sprouts to a high power blender. Blend until smooth. Add additional stock if desired.
- Return the pureed soup to the pot. Taste to adjust the salt and pepper. Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 4-6
Ths recipe is literally amazing and very quick will come back for more…
This recipe is soooo good!
Can this be frozen if making in bulk
While I’ve yet to explore it, you can absolutely try freezing it. Let me know how it works out!