- Remove tofu block from the package and discard liquid. Wrap tofu in paper towels or a cheesecloth, place on a plate, and cover with a heavy dish pot for about 10 minutes to remove remaining water.
- Cut tofu into 1-inch, bite-sized pieces and place in the freezer for 8 hours to overnight. Freezing the tofu provides a chewier texture that mimics chicken. For an even chewier texture, thaw in the fridge and freeze again.
- Remove tofu from freezer and thaw on paper towels or a dry cheesecloth. Pat dry.
- While tofu is thawing, put cornstarch into a resealable plastic bag. Place tofu into the bag with the cornstarch, seal, and shake to coat the tofu pieces completely. Remove the tofu from the bag and set aside.
- Preheat an air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour the almond milk into a small bowl and dredge each piece of tofu in the almond-milk.
- Place bread crumbs or Panko, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, salt and pepper in the resealable plastic bag with the cornstarch residue; shake until well mixed.
- Place each piece of tofu, one at a time, back in the bag with the bread crumb mixture
- Shake the bag until tofu piece is completely coated, tap gently to shake off excess, and place tofu on a wire rack while you repeat with remaining tofu pieces.
- Add coated tofu to the air fryer basket and cook for 10-15 minutes, stopping to flip them every 5 minutes. Cook until lightly golden.
- Place 1/3 cup buffalo sauce in a bowl, add cooked tofu bites, and toss to coat. Drizzle remaining buffalo sauce over tofu and continue tossing to coat.
- Pop back in the air fryer for an additional 5 minutes. Top with additional buffalo sauce if desired and serve immediately on tortillas with chopped cabbage and blue cheese. Garnish with chopped chives.
- Prep Time: 8hrs
- Cook Time: 10 minutes