- 1 sleeve of crackers
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- big pinch of sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 bag Lily’s Sweets Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Flake salt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with wax, parchment making sure it goes up and over the edges.
- Line the bottom of the sheet with crackers. They don’t have to be perfect.
- In a sauce pan heavy duty saucepan, melt the vegan butter.
- Now add the brown sugar and cook over low/medium heat, stirring, until the butter is melted and the mixture is beginning to boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Remove from heat, add the salt and vanilla, and pour over the crackers. Working quickly, spread the caramel over the crackers in an even layer.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. As it bakes, it will bubble up but make sure it’s not burning every once in a while.
- Remove from oven and immediately cover with sugar free chocolate chips. Let stand for 2-3 minutes, then spread with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with toasted chopped pecans and flake salt
- Let cool completely, and break into bark. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve. It should keep well for about one week.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins