- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a large bowl combine the flax egg and water, and let it sit for 5-7 mins to thicken
- Line an 8-in. square baking pan or any loaf pan with parchment, letting ends extend up sides; set aside.
- Add all the remaining ingredients minus the chocolate chips to the bowl with the flax egg and combine until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread into prepared pan. (I used honey, but you can always use agave)
- Bake until edges begin to brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs (do not over bake as they’ll be more crumbly), 30 minutes. (I took mine out at 32 mins)
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack, at least 2 hours. Lifting with parchment, remove brownies from pan. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.
You could add more honey if desired, but wouldn’t do more than 1 cup.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30-35 mins