- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into rice
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted cashews
- 1/2 cup frozen peas & carrots, thawed and drained.
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tbs pineapple or lime juice combine with 2 tsp corn starch
- salt/pepper as desired
- Cilantro (optional)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with sesame oil over medium heat. Add diced onion. Cook and stir until slightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and pineapple continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the carrots and peas (if using frozen, make sure to remove the water), soy sauce, hoisin sauce and cook for an additional 2.
- Combine pineapple juice with corn starch, add to the mix. The sauce will thicken. Add the cauliflower and cook down for 3-4 minutes. Toss in the cashews and chopped scallions. I also threw in cilantro! Serve warm!
Try and get a good sear on the onions and pineapple for added flavor.
For more of a flavor boost you could grill the pineapple
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cauliflower Rice
- Cuisine: Side Dish
- Serving Size: 1