Vegan Flourless Oil Free Avocado Walnut Brownies
In reviewing various concepts I don’t do a lot of on Eat Drink Shrink, sadly, brownies were one of them lol. Typically brownies are flour based, pack tons of butter or oil, leaving little room to pack in nutrients. However, you can make a fab brownie with sweet potatoes, and even avocados!
I developed a flourless oil free avocado cookie a few years ago and it occurred to me shortly after that you can seamlessly create a brownie concept by switching up a few ingredients, and poof, the vegan Avocado Walnut Brownies were born!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It utilizes one bowl, a handful of ingredients, I’ve used a batch with a few tablespoons of maple syrup and they were STILL GOOD, they are packed avocado, are gluten free, oil free, flourless, are buttery soft, hold together, and are non vegan approved!!
If you love effortless modern vegan desserts, you have to try this recipe for vegan Avocado Walnut Brownies!!
Why this recipe is great:
Non vegan approved
Vegan Flourless Walnut Brownies
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 large, 6 small 1x
- 1 ripe avocado about 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, throw everything in and pulse until smooth. Scrape down the bottom and side of the bowl and process for an extra 15 seconds to make sure all the batter is combine – no lumps.
- Transfer the chocolate batter into the pan and top with walnuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center is done. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, slice and transfer onto a cooling rack to cool down completely and firm up for at least 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Store the brownies in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. This makes 3 large brownies or 6 small bites. For more just double the recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Trying to add my name to the mailing list. Comes up with error message.
I would try both the page and side bar submission from a desk top computer as they both seem to be functioning at this time.
Hi many calories per piece ?
Hi Diana, You can enter the ingredients into a program to discern the calorie content. At this time we don’t focus on calories with recipes featured via EDS.