1 Bowl Vegan Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Today literally flew by so we’re bringing you this recipe in the evening, because it’s just that good! When it comes to the weekend, I’m all about a sheet cake. Within the last year I’ve explored countless 1 bowl sheet cakes and they just never get old. There is no tedious mixing, excess dishes or fancy icing techinques..
It’s the most simplest cake that doesn’t comprise when it comes to flavor and delivers every time!
Since Easter is around the corner, I knew we had to do a staple Carrot Cake! The thing with carrot cake is that you can easily over saturate the batter not letting it cook through, or the texture is just not solid enough because you mix in too many of the fillers like carrots, raisins or pecans.
Another thing about the iconic Carrot Cake, is that many are not fans lol. Whether it’s the pecans or the raisins or C, all of the above.. many just don’t gravitate towards this cake. However, this is honestly my top favorite cake since I was a child and typically chose it for my birthday. Today, it still holds up!
What’s great about this recipe, is everything! It’s my staple 1 bowl cake recipe, quick, easy, affordable, packs lots of carrots, flavor, requires no beating of butter or sugar, features ready made icing, it’s buttery soft, cooks all the way thru, perfect for any season, and just too good!
If you’re searching for an effortless vegan Carrot Cake or love everything 1 Bowl, you have to try this recipe for 1 Bowl Vegan Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting!
Why this recipe is great:
Requires 1 bowl
Perfect for any season
Packed with carrots
1 Bowl Vegan Carrot Cake
- Total Time: 3 minute
- Yield: 4-8 slices 1x
- 1 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 5 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 Cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 container ready made vegan icing
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt in a greased 8″ square baking dish.
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients – two small and one large. Pour the vinegar and vanilla extract in each of the two smaller depressions, and the oil in the large one. This step is imperative as your cake will be more dense and won’t rise.
- Pour the almond milk over the entire dish and mix until smooth. Fold in the freshly grated carrot. (Don’t pack the carrots in when measuring) You can add chopped pecans and golden raisins if desired. (would do only 1/2 cup of each)
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until browned on the edges and when you push in it bounces back.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer combine icing and cream cheese. Blend until smooth. Frost the cooled cake and topped with chopped pecans.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30-35 mins
Other recipes you may like:
Could I use oat milk I stead?
Hi Doreen, You can use whatever milk you’d like!