1 Bowl Vegan Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Typically on the weekends I feature brunch concepts, but I’ve been craving new pumpkin concepts. Lately I’m all about the sheet cakes as they are just so seamless, so it was clear, I had to do an effortless pumpkin sheet cake!!
What’s great about pumpkin is that you can find it canned all year round, it packs nutrients, a mellow flavor and is also a great substitute for oil in recipes. However, working with pumpkin you’re adding moisture to the overall recipe so you may end up with a batter that’s over saturated and the cake won’t rise or fully bake. Needless to say, you’ll see that a lot with pumpkin recipes.
In keeping with the sheet cake theme I wanted to take the same approach for the pumpkin. I honestly tested it 1x and it came out so good! What’s great about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick easy, affordable, packs pumpkin, flavor, is buttery soft, requires just 1 pan, is perfect for the season, perfect for entertaining, pairs well with the cream cheese icing, and is my favorite no fuss recipe!
If you love all things pumpkin or just crave effortless desserts, you have to try this new 1 Bowl vegan Pumpkin Sheet Cake!!
Why this recipe is great:
Packs real pumpkin
Perf for the season!
Vegan 1 Bowl Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar (You can always modify)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 container ready made vegan icing
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt in a greased 8″ square baking dish.
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients – two small and one large. Pour the vinegar and vanilla extract separately in the two smaller depressions, and the oil in the large one. This step is imperative as your cake will be more dense and won’t rise.
- In a liquid measuring cup combine the pumpkin puree and water. whisk until smooth.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the entire thing and mix until smooth. Batter will be on the thicker side.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until browned on the edges and when you push in it bounces back. Allow to fully cool.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer combine icing and cream cheese. Blend until smooth. Ice the cooled cake and enjoy! (For better aesthetic appeal, cut the edges off and then ice!)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: gummies
- Cuisine: Dessert
- Serving Size: 4-6