Vegan Santa Fe Salad
This week has been very eventful with countless recipes being created! (I think I hit upwards of 20) With the gorgeous weather upon us I’ve been making a concerted effort to create modern vegan salad concepts. While I love a simple bowl of greens packed with whatever I have in my fridge, the creative ones are the most fun and hold up throughout the years. I feel as though I skipped over this category via EDS because I found them hard to capture and or I thought they wouldn’t be helpful with vegan cuisine. However, that couldn’t be any further from the truth. Many actually struggle with creating a good salad. That being said, we’re going through all the staples to bring you my favorite combinations.
Gone are the days where salads have to be boring and lifeless. This salad is a keeper for life!
Throughout my childhood there was something referred to as a Santa Fe Salad. It had components of a bbq salad, but more of a Mexican flair. Whatever it was, the flavors just blended so seamlessly together that it just became a staple in my routine. It’s savory, it’s slightly sweet, a lil spicy, and everything in between.
What I love about this salad, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, veggie packed, you can use canned or frozen veggies, it’s filling, flavor packed, protein packed, perfect for any season, gorgeous, vibrant, the dressing can be used for other things, has notes of smoke, spice, and is just one of my favorite salads!
If you love fresh modern salads, you have to try this vegan Santa Fe Salad!
Why this recipe is great:
Pack with veggies
The dressing is my new fave!
Perf for any season!
Vegan Santa Fe Salad
- Total Time: 27 minutes
- Yield: 2 to 4 servings 1x
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup grilled corn (Whole Foods brand)
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup almond milk, additional to achieve desired texture
- 1/2 squeeze lime
- 2 Tablespoons Bbq sauce
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- Dressing: Soak the cashews overnight or 10 minutes in boiling hot water. Throw all the dressing ingredients together in a blender, and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Salad: Whats and prep all the ingredients
- To serve: Throw everything in a bowl and top with dressing!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Lunch/Dinner
- Serving Size: 1