Single Bake Vegan Levain Style S’mores Cookie
Let’s. Talk. Cookies.
I’ve tried and baked a myriad of vegan cookies and while I love the majority, nothing compares to this Levain style cookie. Some of you may be asking, what the heck is Levain cookie and why do I care? Let me tell you! Levain Bakery is a widely loved NYC bakeshop that features all the staples. It’s so good you’ll see it on tv left and right and everyone raves about this shop. To be widely love in New York City speaks volumes, as there is so much competition. So how did this one chocolate chip cookie captivate an entire country?
I’ll tell you.
Everyone loves a classic chocolate chip cookie, but this approach is just next level. It features cake flour, which adds a lightness, lots of butter (needed), more brown sugar than white for more of a softer cookie texture, and they make the height of the cookie sky high. By adding height the inside cooks slower making it more of a doughy center especially when baked at a higher temperature.
The combination of all these variables truly delivers a fab cookie that will make you say, wow, I’m never going back to traditional cookies!
Since we’ve explored just about very flavor of cookie you can imagine, I was on the hunt for the next best thing. Single bake cookie concepts! While a love a full batch of cookie, I honestly prefer a fresh cookie hands down. That being said, I love a single bake cookie. It’s quick, easy, and the perfect portion for when you’re craving something sweet!
What’s fab about my vegan Levain Style S’mores Cookie? Everything! It’s modeled after the most sought after recipe, features just flax eggs, you don’t have to sift in the dry ingredients, uses vegan butter and stevia sweetened chocolate chips, mirrors the real deal, is packed with marshmallows and graham crackers, compromises nowhere with texture or flavor, requires no chill time (thank goodness), it’s crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and just hands down, my all time favorite style cookie. (bold statement)
If you love fab vegan cookies or food trends, you have to try this new Single Bake vegan Levain Style S’mores Cookie!
Why this recipe is great:
No chill time
No sifting of ingredients
Features stevia sweetened chocolate chips
Vegan Single Bake Levain Style S’mores Cookie
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 1 Large Cookie 1x
- 2 1/2 tbsps vegan butter, cold
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground flax combine w/3 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup white flour
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup stevia sweetened chocolate chips
- 1/2 graham cracker, chopped
- 5 vegan mini marshmallows
- Combine the flax egg and water, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until combined and smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsps of the flax egg mixture and vanilla extract to the bowl, combine.
- To a bowl combine all the dried ingredients. Gradually add it to the bowl mixing on low. The texture will be crumbly, but don’t worry.
- Add your chocolate chips, graham crackers, and marshmallows, and combine with your hands. Add additional chips on top.
- Form a large ball. You want the cookie to have height. Bake for 13-15 mins until golden brown.
- Allow the cookie to rest for about 10 minutes, then enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins