1 Bowl Vegan Mint Cookie Sheet Cake
Hello & Happy Saturday
Lately we’ve been reviewing recipe categories to offer more diversity with options. Believe it or not, we didn’t have a lot of cake recipes. (cue the tears) Cake is one of those things I don’t like to do on a regular basis, but when I do, I like it to be seamless. Layer cakes can be more tedious and involve even more icing and are just not my style.
I personally.. LOVE a sheet cake! It’s quick, easy, no fuss and tastes just as good as the more time consuming layer cakes!
I recently featured a staple chocolate cake and loved the idea that it didn’t call for vegan eggs, butter, or even a lot of oil. In many ways, it’s a minimalist cake and the texture is just perfection! When thinking of the next fun chocolate cake, I loved the idea of a Mint Cookie Sheet Cake!!
What’s great about this recipe, is that it’s quick, easy, affordable, requires not even a vegan egg, vegan icing you can find ready made, the color is naturally dyed, the cookies provide texture, the flavor is good for any season, the cake is buttery soft, and you could double the recipe to make a tired cake if desired!
If you love effortless chocolate cake or all things mint and chocolate, you have to try this new vegan Mint Cookie Sheet Cake!!
Why this recipe is great
Requires 1 bowl
Requires no vegan eggs
Perfect for any season
Vegan Mint Cookie Sheet Cake
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-8 1x
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup cooled brewed coffee (or water/almond milk)
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2/3 cup crushed cookies (remove icing)
- 1 tub ready made icing
- 1 tsp matcha
- Preheat to 375°F. Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- In a 8″ pan mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and the sugar.
- Make three holes in the mixture. 2 small and 1 large. Pour the vanilla and vinegar into the smaller holes and oil into the larger hole.
- Pour the coffee over the entire mixture and stir until well blended.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is set but springy. Cool the cake in the pan. Once cooled remove.
- Icing: Take ready made vegan icing and throw in the bowl of a standing mixer. Whip the icing and add the peppermint extract and matcha. Stop blending and now fold in the crushed cookies. Ice the cooled cake and serve!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving Size: 1
Other recipes you may like
- 1 Bowl Pistachio Sheet Cake
- 1 Bowl Pumpkin Sheet Cake
- 1 Bowl Lemon Blueberry Sheet Cake
- 1 Bowl Vegan Vanilla Cake
If you find a good recipe for vegan cake (or dessert in general), then people eating it won’t even realize that their dessert is vegan. That does seem to be the case here and the finished product even looks like something you might find in a cafe.
Seriously so amazing. I literally couldn’t stop eating it. Best vegan cake texture I’ve ever had! And so so darn simple! Seriously no reason not to make this cake!!