Vegan Thai Cabbage Salad with Creamy Cilantro Dressing
with warmer weather, comes light and brighter eats! I don’t know about you, but the weather dictates what I’m craving. When the temps rise I gravitate towards smoothies and salads. The only struggle with salads is that most people find them not filling or get bored or C, all of the above. That being said, it’s imperative to mix it up and try new combinations and try more filling ingredients.
One of my favorite ways to bulk up a salad, is cabbage! At least a few times a week you’ll find me making a cabbage salad was they are just my go to. Cabbage is cheap, it outlives any salad greens, and is more filling than any typical green salad.
If you’ve never had a Thai salad, brace yourself, it’s one of the bests! What’s great about this salad, is everything. It’s quick easy, affordable, packs multiple flavors, it’s sweet, spicy, refreshing from the mint, it has texture, the dressing is packed with spinach and avocado, it’s perfect for any season, it’s gorgeous, vibrant, you could pack on even more veggies, could pair well with any protein, and is just so good!
If you’re searching for a flavor packed salad, you have to try this new vegan Thai Cabbage Salad!
Why this recipe is great:
Veggie packed dressing
Perf for any season
Packs a lil heat
Vegan Thai Cabbage Salad
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 jalapeno, seeds remove, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced white cabbage
- 10 mint leaves
- 10 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream or yogurt
- 10 sprigs cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 tsp garlic
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- 1/2 Jalapeno (optional)
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeños
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and prep all the ingredients. I like to toss and coat everything in the lime juice to combine the flavors and preserve the ingredients.
- Throw all the salad ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Toss the salad in a few tbsp of dressing. A little goes a long way so you’ll have leftovers to use!
Other add ons you could do are thinly sliced red onion!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Zucchini Cheese Stick
- Cuisine: Snack/Appetizer
- Serving Size: 1
Just came across your site looking for zucchini bread and found your recipe. It looks amazing. All of your recipes look wonderful. I just sent my sisters a few of your recipes as they are both vegan.
The cauliflower tabouli looks amazing too. After I try a few of your recipes I will definitely leave you comments. . You have a beautiful site. Thank you for sharing.