Vegan “Honey” Mustard Bbq Brussels
I don’t know about you, but one of the first sauces I fell in love with as a child, was bbq! Today, we all know that the store bought ready made options are simply packed with sugars and additives. However, you can easily make just about any sauce they selling bbq sauce is absolutely one of them!
When it comes to the summer time a lot of us overlook the more fall focused veggies like brussels sprouts. What I love to do is take a seasonal veggie and cater the flavor towards another season, aka, I love to infuse brussels with flavor as it makes me love them just that much more. I’ve done an asian style, a classic bbq, and these fab vegan Honey Mustard Bbq Brussels!
Whether you’re obessed with all things mustard or just love a good bbq sauce, this one is my absolute favorite! What’s great about this sauce is that it’s so quick and easy, features kitchen staples, is perfect for summer, pairs well with other bbq staple dishes, the sauce is sweet, spicy, tangy, brussels are crispy, you can also grill them and it’s just such a fun dish!
If you crave innovative vegan dishes or just more ways to love brussels, you have to try these new vegan Honey Mustard Bbq Brussels Sprouts!
This dish is one of my current faves for countless reasons! It’s easy, affordable, packs flavor, a hint of sweet, a hint of heat, goes perf with my classic cauli wings, puts a modern spin on classic brussels sprouts, perf for any season, and is non vegan approved!
If you love classic veggies with a modern spin, you have to try this recipe for vegan “Honey” Mustard Bbq Brussels!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for any season!
Sauce can be used for multiple dishes!
Vegan Honey Mustard Bbq Brussels
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 servings 1x
- 1 lb Brussels, stems removed, chopped in half
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt + Pepper as needed
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tbsp apple cider or white vinegar
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- 3 tsp Siracha
- Garnish – Chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Melt the vegan butter, and then stir in the garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly browned.
- Add the dijon, maple syrup, Worcestershire, vinegar, siracha, and bring to a boil, whisk and combine, reduce to a simmer for about 3 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- Wash the brussels, remove stems, and cut in half. Coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper, roast for 30 mins cut side down until crispy. Rotate midway for an even bake. Remove ultra crispy brussels. Toss and coat in 1/2 the sauce. You should have enough sauce for another serving. Garnish with chives and serve.
*If you don’t have any yellow mustard you can add 1 tsp of turmeric
*Want more flavor? You can add 1/2tsp onion powder
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Brussels Sprouts
- Cuisine: Side Dish
- Serving Size: 1