Vegan Lemon Rosemary Pasta with Mushrooms and Kale
Hello & Happy Thursday!!
For many years, I steered clear of pasta. We all know that pasta carries the stigma of being laden with carbs, which it is, but at the end of the day it’s the perfect medium to pack on the veggies and for myself, I find it very filling!
What’s fab about today, is that there are many pasta alternatives so you can set aside your worries about white pasta and carbs, making it an even better choice!
Since the temperatures are dropping, it seemed like the perfect time to roll out some staple pasta dishes. One of those had to be something with lemon and rosemary as the two flavors compliment each other so well! While many pair mushrooms with thyme, I love the approach I took with this recipe and it honestly.. it came out much better than expected!!
What’s fab about this dish, is everything! It features staple ingredients, is approachable, affordable, perf for winter, can easily be made in bulk, packs tons of veggies, tons of flavor, rich and savory, but with nots of lemon and rosemary, filling, aesthetically gorgeous, features a protein packed space, and is hands down my new favorite pasta dish!
Looking to make this dish even more filling?! Throw on your favorite protein source!!
If you love a staple pasta dish, love all things mushrooms or even rosemary and lemon, this recipe is going to be your new bff! You have to try this recipe for vegan Lemon & Rosemary Pasta with mushrooms and kale!
Why this recipe rocks:
Veggie and flavor packed!
Can easily be made in bulk
Lemon & Rosemary Mushroom & Kale Pasta
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1 small package of white or cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup white wine (optional)
- 2 cups shredded kale
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 squeeze lemon
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup shallot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Fresh Rosemary
- Mushrooms: Add the mushrooms and olive oil to a pan over medium heat. cook for 2 minutes un-disturbed. This will give them a good sear. Flip and cook the other side for another 2 minutes. Now add the garlic, rosemary and lemon, salt/pepper, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the optional white wine cook for an additional 2 minutes to reduce.
- Toss in the shredded kale and cook for a few minutes until a little softened. Set aside.
- Sauce: Throw all the ingredients in a high power blender, blend until smooth.
- Assemble the pasta: Combine the cooked pasta, pasta sauce, and fold in the kale mushroom mixture. Garnish with lemon zest and toasted pine nuts.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes