- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups organic confectioners sugar, divided
- 2 tsp almond milk, divided
- 1 tbsp coco powder
- 1 tsp beet powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat together powdered sugar, melted coconut oil, room temperature almond milk and vanilla until creamy.
- Add flour mixture and continue to mix until combined. Dough will thicken as you stir.
- Set in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up .
- Roll 4 tablespoon size scoops of dough into balls and place onto prepared baking sheet. Flatten slightly with fingers to 1/2-inch thick.
- Bake cookies for 8-12 minutes. Do not over bake, as cookies won’t turn golden brown.
- Remove cookies from oven and place on cooling rack to cool completely.When cookies have completely cooled, prepare the frosting.
- In 2 separate bowls divided the powdered sugar, almond milk, and add beet powder to one and coco powder to the other.
- Whisk until smooth. Add more almond milk as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Using a spatula or the back of a spoon, spread a thin layer of icing onto the FLAT SIDE, the former bottom, of each cookie. If you add to the tops, no worries!
- Return the cookies to the wire rack to dry.
*You could also use beet juice
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Quesadilla
- Cuisine: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 10