10 Minute Vegan Pistachio Pudding
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
If there is one thing I’m all about when it comes to food, it’s texture! While some can gravitate away from the mushy types, I love it. I love it so much, there have been many periods in my life where I was honestly pudding obsessed lol. Needless to say, I’ve tried all the vegan puddings on the market and even whipped up a few. Something I noticed with store bought varieties is that there are minimal options and either they are packed with sugar, fall short in the flavor department, are always expensive, or all of the above.
Given all the issues, one of the first concepts I ever did back in 2014 was actually an array of vegan tofu based puddings. While they were good, they paled in comparison to classic pudding. Fast forward to 2022, and I knew we had to revisit vegan pudding and create something that was memorable. This time though, I wanted to steer clear of the typical tofu, avocado, sweet potato etc. and keep the ingredients as minimal as possible..
And just like that, the new vegan Pistachio Pudding was born!
What’s great about this pudding? Honestly, everything. it’s quick, easy, affordable, packs a rich pistachio flavor, has notes of white chocolate, is made with spinach, its made without tofu/sweet potatoes/avocado, has notes of almond extract, is thrown in a blender which removes the stress of blending in the corn starch by hand, is perfect for any season, has aesthetic appeal, could easily be used in a trifle, and just pure heaven!
If you’re all about effortless vegan desserts, you have to try this staple vegan Pistachio Pudding!
Why this recipe is great:
Has rich notes of pistachio
Is packed with real pistachios
Made with spinach
Hints of white chocolate
Made without tofu, avocados or coconut milk
The perfect texture
Perfect for any season
Features just 7 ingredients
10 Minute Vegan Pistachio Pudding
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2-4 Servings 1x
- 2 1/2 tbsps corn starch
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups nondairy milk, preferably oat
- 1/3 cup pistachios + more for garnish
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- In a high power blender add the pistachios and 1 cup of vegan milk. Blend until smooth.
- Now add the second cup of vegan milk, corn starch, salt, and spinach. You can add a little at a time to achieve the desired color. Blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture to a mediums size sauce pan over low/medium heat.
- constantly stir over medium-low heat, scraping the bottom, sides and corners of the pan, until the pudding thickens, begins to bubble, and coats the back of the spoon or spatula, 5 mins minutes. (If the pudding is coating the bottom of the pan too quickly, reduce the heat.)
- Add the vegan white chocolate chips and stir vigorously until the pudding is very thick and smooth, about 30 seconds longer. If you don’t stir enough though, you’ll be left with small clumps when it sets or it may not set altogether. If you heat for too long or you taste the pudding (saliva) you can break down the corn starch.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the almond extract. Spoon the pudding into a serving bowl or individual cups or ramekins. Place in the fridge for at least 30-60 mins to set. It will thicken as it cools. If you’re in a bind for time, pop in the freezer for 15 mins then into the fridge to finish setting.
- Garnish with coconut whip, chopped pistachios and mint.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins