Vegan Cheesecake Factory Avocado Egg Rolls
There are a handful of dishes that you just can’t forget. One of them, is the Avocado Egg Rolls from the Cheesecake Factory. I rarely do fried foods, but there is something about this iconic dish that just keeps you coming back. Whether it’s the flavors or the sauce, the combination is just pure magic.
The great thing about this dish, is that its versatile!
You can bake them, fry them, and even air fry them today.
Bonus, it’s so easy to find vegan wonton wrappers at markets nationwide now.
Just how old is this dish? I discovered it on the Cheesecake Factory menu back in circa 2002. This recipe has evolved to be iconic and what the restaurant is known for today. We’ve tried a variation on EDS with a Jalapeño Ranch Sauce, but I love this sweet and sour sauce as it mirrors the real dish! Not sold on anything at the Cheesecake Factory? I get you, but you have to try these!
Let me count the ways I love this dish! it’s quick, easy, affordable, can be made in bulk, cut into smaller pieces for more bite size portions with entertaining, it’s crispy, crunchy, tastes just like the traditional recipe, it’s good for any season, you can air fry if desired (outside will look a lil different), the dipping sauce ties in all the flavors, and the dipping sauce can be used for countless other dishes!
If you love all things avocados you have to try these new vegan Cheesecake Factory Copycat Avocado Egg Rolls with Sweet + Sour Sauce!
Why this recipe is great:
Perfect for any season
Can be air fried
You can cut in half for bite size portions
The sauce is a game changer!
Vegan Cheesecake Factory Egg Rolls
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6 Rolls 1x
- 3 large Avocados (peeled, pitted, & diced)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegan Egg roll wraps
Sweet + Sour Sauce:
- 3 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps agave
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt + Pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl, gently mash with a fork the avocados, diced sun dried tomatoes, diced red onion, salt, pepper, and finely chopped cilantro. Gently toss and combine.
- Place a small cup of water at your station. Working one at a time, place avocado mixture in the near a corner of the wrapper.
- Bring the bottom edge of the wrapper tightly over the filling, folding in the sides. Continue rolling until the top of the wrapper is reached. Using your finger, rub the edges of the wrapper again with water, pressing to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and avocado mixture.
- Working in batches, add egg rolls to the pan and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with the Sweet and Sour Sauce.
- Sauce: Throw everything in a shallow dish and combine.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins