1 Bowl Vegan OREO Sheet Cake
Let’s talk cake!
Lately we’ve been reviewing recipe categories to offer more diversity with options. Believe it or not, we didn’t have a lot of cake recipes about a year or so ago. (cue the tears) Cake is one of those things I don’t like to do on a regular basis, but when I do, I like it to be seamless. Layer cakes can be more tedious and involve even more icing and are just not my style. I personally.. LOVE a sheet cake! It’s quick, easy, no fuss and tastes just as good as the more time consuming layer cakes! If you’re in the same boat, you’ve come to the right place.
I have tons of 1 Bowl Sheet Cake concepts!
I featured a staple chocolate cake years ago and loved the idea that it didn’t call for vegan eggs, butter, or even a lot of oil. In many ways, it’s a minimalist cake and the texture was just perfection! When thinking of the next fun cake, I loved the idea of a staple OREO Sheet Cake!!
What’s great about this recipe, is that it’s quick, easy, affordable, requires not even a vegan egg, vegan icing you can find ready made, they have organic chocolate cookies so you don’t have to choose OREO’s, the cookies provide texture, the flavor is good for any season, the cake is buttery soft, great for entertaining, can be made into cupcakes, features coconut oil instead of traditional oils, and you could double the recipe to make a tiered cake if desired!
If you love an effortless cake, you have to try this new vegan OREO Cookie Sheet Cake!!
Why this recipe is great
Requires 1 bowl
Requires no vegan eggs
Features coconut oil
Perfect for any season
Vegan Oreo Sheet Cake
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 - 6 1x
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (or AP flour)
- 1 1/4 cup chopped chocolate cookies
- 3/4 cup Sugar (You can always modify)
- 1 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp White vinegar
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tub ready made icing
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup crushed chocolate cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a greased 8″ square baking dish. (If you use AP flour, skip the baking powder and just do 1 tsp baking soda)
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients – two small and one large. Pour the vinegar in one small depression and vanilla into the other, and the coconut oil in the large one. This step is imperative as your cake will be more dense and won’t rise.
- Pour almond milk over the entire thing and mix until just combined. Fold in the chopped chocolate cookies. Don’t over mix.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until browned on the edges and when you push in it bounces back. Let the cake cool.
- Combine icing and cream cheese in a standing mixer and whip until smooth. Fold in the chopped cookies. Top the cooled cake with the frosting and garnish with half a chocolate cookie, and serve!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
Can’t wait to make this. How long would I cook for if I doubled it and used a 9×12. Thanks !!