Sugar Free Vegan Salted Tahini Freezer Fudge
Ok, so I’m kind of obsessed with all things tahini lol. There is something about the combination of tahini and chocolate that just catches my attention. It’s similar to the pairing of chocolate with coffee. They just further enhance each other. A true match made in heaven!
Since I had not made fudge since perhaps 2017, I knew I needed to explore a new concept. Typical fudge is made with corn syrup or heavy cream, packs tons of refined sugar etc. While there is nothing wrong with that approach, I wanted to create something that was sans refined sugar. I love all things tahini, but knew that tahini would add moisture, which is typically avoided with fudge. So the texture may be a little less firm, but the flavor components.. are so impactful! I played around with the tahini content, but to truly pick up on it, you have to have about 3/4 cup fo this recipe.
And just like that, the new vegan Salted Tahini Freezer Fudge was born! The thought of a freezer fudge that strays from the typical variety used to make me cringe. I promise you though, the texture is still good, the flavors are so on point, and the base of this fudge and being coconut with just 1/3 cup of added sugar is just such a win.
What’s great about this recipe? Everything. It’s quick, easy, affordable, is made sans butter or oil, features no refined sugar, packs notes of tahini and espresso, has the perfect texture, is perfect chilled, rich, decadent, features stevia sweetened chocolate, features no heavy cream and just coconut milk, dairy free, only has 1/4 cup of added sugar, this can easily be made in bulk, and you can add additional toppings!
If you love all things salted tahini, you have to try this new recipe for vegan Salted Tahini Freezer Fudge!
Why this recipe is great:
Packs tons of flavor
Perfect for any season
Refined sugar free
Stevia sweetened chocolate
VEGAN SALTED TAHINI FREEZER FUDGE
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: Serves 4-6 1x
- 1 13.5 oz cans of unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 4 cups stevia sweetened chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- Line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour the coconut milk into a medium saucepan. Heat the milk over low/medium heat.
- Whisk in the honey, tahini, espresso powder and salt.
- Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips until melted and combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place in the freezer to set. Cut into squares and enjoy! You can also place in the fridge to store if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins