1 Bowl Vegan Strawberry Sheet Cake
Hello & Happy Friday!!
If there is one concept I love, it’s one bowl anything. When it comes to cooking, I gravitate towards the seamless and those that require less steps and absolutely less dishes. Years ago I would shy away from cake as it was always too tedious to me and icing just isn’t my talent.
However, you can make an amazing sheet cake with less steps, less hassle, and literally use just one bowl. While a layer cake is great, I’m all about the effortless sheet cakes!
To date we’ve produced a variety of 1 bowl vegan sheet cakes. When thinking of the next best concept, I knew I wanted to cross this strawberry cake off my bucket list! For whatever reason this cake concept always escaped me. Should I use real strawberries? make a puree? use an extract? and so on and so forth. While there are many ways to approach this cake, we went for the seamless and it turned out so good!
While the focus of this concept is to be effortless you can easily mix it up by throwing strawberries in the batter, make a strawberry puree and subbing some of the milk/water, you can throw the puree in the frosting, and more.
What’s great about this cake? Everything. It’s quick, easy, requires just 1 bowl, doesn’t even need a flax egg, features strawberry extract so no fuss on making a puree, you can skip the dye if desired, requires no beating of butter or sugar, you can use ready made icing, it’s buttery soft, has aesthetic appeal, and just such a fun concept!
If you love an easy vegan cake or crave all things strawberry, you have to try this new 1 bowl vegan Strawberry Sheet Cake!
Why this recipe is great:
Requires just 1 bowl
No need to make a puree
Perfect for any season
1 Bowl Vegan Strawberry Sheet Cake
- Total Time: 44 minute
- Yield: 4-8 slices 1x
- 1 1/2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cup Sugar (You can always modify)
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp White vinegar
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 Cup almond milk or water
- 1 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 tub ready made icing
- 23 drops red food coloring, divided
- 3 tsp strawberry extract, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a greased 8″ square baking dish.
- Make 3 depressions in the dry ingredients – two small and one large. Pour the vinegar in one depression and the vanilla and 2 tsp strawberry extract into the other small depression, with the vegetable oil in the larger one. This step is imperative as your cake will be more dense and won’t rise.
- Add 17 drops of red food dye to the almond milk or water and pour over the entire thing, mixing until smooth.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until slightly browned on the edges and when you push in it bounces back. The texture is so much better a lil under cooked as it will continue to bake even when removed from the oven.
- Icing: add the ready made icing to a standing mixer. Add the 6 drops of dye and strawberry extract. Whip for 1-2 minute until smooth. Ice the cooled cake. Garnish with sliced strawberries.
Looking to add strawberries to the recipe? Fold them in the batter or icing or make a strawberry puree for the batter or icing.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25-35 mins
Other recipes you may like:
I’m going to make it tomorrow may even add freeze-dried crushed strawberries. Thank you for a smiple recipe. I am sure it will be delicious, congrats on your baby.