- 1 small sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bags frozen grilled corn (whole foods)
- 2 fresh jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Heat a large sauce pan or dutch oven to medium heat.
- Add olive oil and chopped onion, sauté for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the poblano pepper, jalapeño, garlic, cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the frozen grilled corn and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper and stir well.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low, let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Combine soaked cashews (soak overnight or let stand in boiling water for 10 minutes), adobo pepper, and coconut milk in a blender. Blend until smooth. (you can throw some of the soup in if a smoother texture is desired)
- Add the cashew cream to the pot. Let simmer uncovered for an additional 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with cilantro, grilled corn, and limes if desired.
If the soup becomes thickened overnight, simply add in more broth or coconut milk
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Corn Chowder
- Cuisine: Soup
- Serving Size: 4